Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients' home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine's ‘Most Admired Healthcare Company’ for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
You'll work side-by-side with people you can trust and respect. Help Kindred Healthcare be a leader in the long-term acute care industry by acting as the Hospital DVP.
Responsible for maximizing clinical, financial and operations performance for hospitals in a District. Works with hospital CEOs/Administrators and hospital leadership to aggressively address operational issues at underperforming hospitals in order to achieve budgeted EBITDARM.
Analyzes hospital performance on managing controllable expenses and where expenses are not being properly managed relative to budget, together with the District team, educates and directs hospital leadership to ensure that future months are brought in line.
Together with the RSVP/EVP, develops the strategic plans for existing hospitals and evaluates possible business development.
· Monitors the operations and performance of hospitals (EBITDARM, controllable expenses, Score Card, Quality Measures, ADC, admissions, etc.) and provides advice and direction to CEOs/Administrators and hospital leadership for improvement/enhancement.
· Responsible for the hiring, orientation, and evaluating the performance of CEOs/Administrators and oversees the other members of the District and hospital teams.
· Evaluates market demand and directs and recommends strategic alignment programs, physical plant, staffing, etc. to maximize the revenue opportunity for hospitals.
· Actively involved in creating initiatives to improve the hospitals' ADC and admissions.
· Performs financial analysis and updates the RSVP/EVP and CEOs/Administrators regarding facility financial performance.
· Conducts on-site reviews of facility operations to identify improvement opportunities for quality, survey, census and personnel.
· Analyzes staffing issues to assist facilities with recruitment selection, training and retention of staff.
· Works with the CEOs/Administrators to prepare annual budget recommendations for Region approval.
· Represents Kindred at community, state and regional events and professional activities to promote Kindred hospitals and services.
· Supports and promotes compliance with Kindred policies and procedures and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
· Ensures the District's compliance with Affirmative Action regulations and the achievement of goals and objectives.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Finance or similar.
Experience: Five years of experience as a multi-facility manager. Seven years' senior-level experience in healthcare administration/hospital management, with five years of experience as a hospital CEO or Administrator. Sustained high performance demonstrating management results and business growth.
*Position based out of Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Market
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .
Job : Executive Primary Location : TX-Arlington-Dallas-Ft Worth District Office Organization : 4972 - Dallas-Ft Worth District Office Shift : Day