Carle Physician Group in Urbana, Illinois, is seeking a full-time Neuro-Stroke Hospitalist.
Carle Foundation Hospital obtained Primary Stroke Center certification in early 2010 and is providing Comprehensive Stroke Center services including Neurosurgery, Neuro-Radiology, and Interventional Neuro-Radiology services, as well as having a diverse range of Neurology and Pediatric Neurology specialists.
- Primarily a consultative position, the Neuro-Hospitalist would have the support of a 30-physician Hospitalist team.
- Call will be shared with Neurology physicians (1:8).
Carle Foundation Hospital is in the process of developing a dedicated Neuro-Intensive Care/Neuro-Step Down Unit.
- The Stroke Program includes teleradiology capabilities with regional hospitals.
- Leadership role available in Stroke program and Neuro-Intensive Care Unit.
- Opportunity is available for Neurosciences research with University of Illinois.
- Quality-focused, nationally-ranked organization dedicated to providing patient-focused care
- Employed position
- Leading-edge technology, including EPIC EMR
- Carle employs more than 400 physicians and 250 advanced practice providers
- Competitive compensation/benefit package including paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail coverage and relocation package
- Unfortunately, this position does not qualify for J-1 visa waivers
-Equal Opportunity Employer
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 3
Carle is the leading healthcare system in east central Illinois serving a patient base of more than 1.5 million.The 393-bed regional hospital is home to a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center, Level III Perinatal Services and the area's only Level I Trauma Center. Carle Physician Group, the outpatient practice serving nearly 170,000 unique patients annually, is comprised of more than 400 physicians dedicated to providing patient-focused care in 80 specialties located in 14 communities across central Illinois. Carle Heart and Vascular Institute, Carle Neuroscience Institute (including Spine Institute), Digestive Health Institute, Carle Cancer Center and Mills Breast Cancer Institute, bring additional advanced diagnostic and treatment options.Carle Foundation Hospital has achieved Magnet® designation, the nation's highest honor for nursing care and was the recipient of Healthgrades 'America's 100 Best' Award™ in 2015.Join our team of experts in a family-friendly Big Ten university city centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis.