Under general supervision of the Chief of Anesthesiology and/or designee at Children's Hospital of Michigan, the CRNA Fellow will participate in preoperative, perioperative and post-operative anesthesia care, administer anesthetics and adjunctive medications to render patients insensible to pain, monitor patient condition and responses while under anesthesia, initiate corrective actions using professional judgment and function as a team member.
This position is a specialized fellowship program in Pediatric Nurse Anesthesia, limited to a graduate of a fully accredited CRNA program. It is a 6-month clinical fellowship training program and is accredited by the AANA Council on Accreditation. After successful completion of this program, the CRNA Fellow may be eligible to bid on a staff CRNA position at Children's Hospital of Michigan
1. Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
2. Graduate from a fully accredited CRNA program.
3. Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Michigan.
4. Must possess Specialty Certification in Nurse Anesthesia in the State of Michigan.
5. Must hold certification/recertification from the NBCRNA
6. Must be certified in ACLS and PALS
7. Must submit two clinical letters of reference
8. Must submit personal goal statement
1. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
2. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity to operate a variety of anesthetic equipment.
3. Maintain licensure and certifications as above.
Job: Surgical Services
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005041620
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.