University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital is located on the west bank of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis. We provide a broad range of pediatric programs from surgery, imaging and neonatal and pediatric intensive care to cardiac and oncology (cancer care) services and blood and marrow and organ transplantation.
Our clinical staff apply innovative approaches to creating medical breakthroughs based their work with patients and on findings through research at the University of Minnesota. This has led to several firsts, including the first successful pediatric blood marrow transplant, infant heart transplant in Minnesota and cochlear ear implant surgery for a child.
Through teamwork and collaboration, we respectfully address the physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of pediatric patients and their families.
This RN Care Coordinator will partner with our Fetal Cardiologists in managing patients across the health care continuum to achieve the optimal clinical and operational outcomes.
This position will be working 40 hours every two weeks on the day shift, no weekends. This position is not eligible for benefits.
- Manages patients across the health care continuum to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational and satisfaction outcomes. This includes patients seen at all Fetal Cardiology Clinics across the system.
- Acts as one point of contact for patients, physicians, and care providers throughout the patients care in the Fetal Cardiology Clinic at MHealth Fairview
- Initiates/implements transition functions and activities for patients communicating with patients, families and the health care team & referring provider to ensure seamless transitions
- Collaborates with the health care team partners and patients/family to manage outpatient care.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of individualized patient care plans.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities to expand nursing scope of practice knowledge and enhance role performance
Current Minnesota RN License
Basic Life Support Certification, within 30 days of hire
One year of previous healthcare experience in an ambulatory setting
One year of previous pediatric cardiology experience or previous care coordination experience
Knowledge of specialized care relevant to pediatric cardiology
Together with the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians we have created M Health Fairview. M Health Fairview is the newly expanded collaboration among the University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Health Services. The healthcare system combines the best of academic and community medicine — expanding access to world-class, breakthrough care through our 10 hospitals and 60 clinics.
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 10 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area.
Its broad continuum also includes 60 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership ...with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.